MinAnalytical is now part of the ALS Laboratory Group that provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
ALS Geochemistry is looking for people to fill various roles within the Sample Preparation section currently available at our Kalgoorlie facility.
As a Sample Preparer, you will prepare mineral samples for laboratory analysis.
These are entry-level positions, and successful applicants will receive full training.
- Full-Time roles but must be able to work on a weekly rotating shifts
- Traineeships offered to great workers
- Opportunities for multi-skilling within the department are available, with potential for advancement into leadership roles.
The Day to Day:
- Sorting bags of samples (weighing up to 10kg}
- Operating mineral sample preparation equipment (weighing scales, crushers, pulverisers, etc.)
- Performing routine manual tasking in a minerals processing environment
- Collecting of data for hyperspectral analysis
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to perform rotating shift work
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be willing to work as part of a high performance team with a focus on quality & safety
- Be reliable, physically fit, and prepared to carry out repetitive manual handling tasks
At ALS, we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa and HCF.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits
- Online learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Friendly working environment with an accessible management team.
- A variety of staff discounts, including Virgin Australia, Hertz, Microsoft and HCBC.
- Free Influenza Vaccinations.
- Free onsite parking
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS, including global opportunities for suitable candidates.
We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.