The protection of personal information is important to Sven Global Pty Ltd (ACN 648 221 210) (SVEN). SVEN is committed to respecting the right to privacy and the protection of personal information.
What personal and sensitive information does SVEN collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine someone's identity.
The information collected by SVEN about a particular person will vary depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to, a person's contact details (name, email and/or postal address, phone number), date of birth, gender, credit card details, driver's licence number, passport number, insurance details, employment history, qualifications or communication history with SVEN.
Sensitive information is a type of personal information that also includes information or an opinion about someone's:
• racial or ethnic origin;
• political opinions;
• membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union;
• religious beliefs or affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
• sexual preferences or practices;
• criminal record;
• or health, genetic information or disability.
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, SVEN may also collect sensitive information such as a person's medical history, nationality, their ethnic background or disabilities.
How does SVEN collect personal and sensitive information?
Information may be collected when you:
• apply for employment, contractor or volunteer position with SVEN;
• apply to promote services through SVEN; subscribe to any publication of SVEN, including electronic publications;
• provide details to SVEN in an application, consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report;
• enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into, one of SVEN's systems;
• access the SVEN app or website; contact SVEN via email, telephone or mail or engage with SVEN via social media; • participate in any program, activity, competition or event run by SVEN;
• purchase merchandise, products or services from SVEN or an authorised agent or licensee;
• or where SVEN is required to do so by law (for education, child protection, work health and safety laws, charitable collections, medical treatment or other legislation in Australia).
Depending on the circumstances, some types of information will be required and others might be optional. If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, this may affect SVEN's ability to communicate with you or provide the requested products or services. By not providing requested information, you may jeopardise your ability to participate in services, programs or competitions or apply for employment or volunteer positions with SVEN. If it is impracticable for SVEN to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, SVEN may refuse to do so.
Collection from third parties
SVEN or a related entity of SVEN may also collect personal information. In some circumstances, SVEN also collects information from other third parties. Examples of such third parties could include, without limitation travel organisations, industry associations or government and law enforcement bodies.
Information storage and protection
SVEN stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. Much of the information we collect from and about our users is added to SVEN’s user database. When your information is entered into SVEN's user database, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you. Security of personal information is important to SVEN. SVEN has taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures SVEN uses includes strict confidentiality requirements of our employees, volunteers and service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our app and website. We seek to protect your personal information from any unauthorised loss, disclosure or access. However, if a serious data breach occurs, we must notify you as required under the Privacy Act regarding the circumstances of the breach, and must also advise the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How does SVEN use and disclose personal and sensitive information?
verify your identity;
• complete background checks;
• research, develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to SVEN;
• research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us and third parties; • respond to emergency situations involving or requiring medical treatment;
• administer, manage and provide you with access to the SVEN app or website;
• keep you informed of news and information relating to various SVEN events, activities and opportunities via various mediums.
SVEN may use health information to ensure that programs we operate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs participants may require. Health information may also be kept for insurance purposes. In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, customise services, prepare submissions to government, or to plan events and activities.
SVEN may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
• A related party of SVEN or other organisations involved in SVEN services or programs in Australia;
• companies we engage to carry out functions and activities on SVEN's behalf, including direct marketing;
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• our insurers;
• in other circumstances permitted by law.
In some circumstances, personal information may also be disclosed outside of Australia. In such circumstances, SVEN will use its best endeavours to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will assume consent to use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes (including disclosure of such information to service providers). Every person whose data is collected by SVEN has the option to refuse e-mail, SMS or posted offers by making a request in writing to SVEN via the contact details set out below or by making use of the opt-out procedures included in any communications from us (however, information relating to the option to unsubscribe from those communications may be retained).
In addition, SVEN may also disclose personal information:
• with your express or implied consent;
• when required or authorised by law;
• to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary;
• or to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
SVEN website and app
When users visit the SVEN website or app, our systems may record certain information about their use, including the pages visited and the time and date of their visit. SVEN uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the SVEN website or app.
Websites or other pages linked to the SVEN website or app are not subject to SVEN's privacy standards, policies or procedures. SVEN cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
Accessing and seeking correction of information held by SVEN
SVEN will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
We encourage all users to regularly review and update their personal information. If you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why.
Individuals may also request access to their personal information held by us by making a request via the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request as soon as possible. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will see that it is corrected.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be addressed to the ‘SVEN Privacy Officer’ at this address:
SVEN - Privacy Officer